Saying Goodbye: Cord Cutting Part 1

Cordcutting


I take it that since your here on this page of my blog you are into trying to save money, am I right? I know I am and am actually trying to cut some corners on our cable bill cause it's just too high. I pay a lot in charges and channels, but I don't want to lose other channels as well. So I thought I would take a peek at actually getting a handle on all of this, and since I thought of that and I need content here we go....a blog series. One of the first few we have had here on the blog. 

There are many players in the streaming and or internet tv providers *I have no idea if this is an actual term but it's what I'm calling it.* and there are tiers, all sorts of things. Let's get the basics out of the way, shall we? There are Sling, PlaystationVue, Amazon Prime, Direct Tv, and the new one to join the crowd youtubeTV. Now you probably are asking can you stream it with the connection speed that you have already and yes you can. Keep in mind though that not all of these support multiple viewing at once, or it could mean you have to pay more for this task. 

Not only do you have those providers basically you also have providers that offer you apps. Some of the Ap's you pay and some are free, and the others might be able to get something if you have an account either through a cable or like Sling or one of the other providers. Once you're authenticated you can watch their program. AMC, FX, and the other channels have this as well. I would say the biggest is HBOGO or HBONOW. Amazon and Hulu have add-ons, channels that for a bit extra you will be able to stream their content. Each I think has Showtime and Starz from 8-9 dollars and not a bad price. That is cheaper than an add-on with cable type that is 15 bucks. So can save there either way.

As far as Playstation Vue, Sling, and Direct TV you can actually get a free week or maybe a bit more. You'd have to check at each website how to take them up on their free offer. Generally, these companies offer you for a certain amount of time free. Be sure and cancel if you don't like it. 

As we go forward I'm going to be covering each provider, what it offers and channels as well. I'm giving myself two weeks intervals to cover this adequately and give myself time. There is a lot to cover and go through.  Think we are going to actually take the time and try these free trials that they offer. I think as well we are going to start with PlaystationVue.

That seems to be the closest service to a more traditional cable type of provider. Seems to be one of the easier ones as I don't think there are any tiers. It's also the easiest as I don't have to go and get streaming sticks...I have two Playstations. So no more money to spend, and I get to save money! Here we go on this adventure! Check back in two weeks please and let's see how this all went down! Do keep track on social media and see how it's going. I'm going to be tweeting this as we do it. 

Comments

Popular Posts